RollBarMindStorm

Hi All,
This may be a repeat, ready with your skip finger ...

I am trying to design a couple of roll bars for protection and
support of a soft top.  Deciding to dispense with the metal
hardtop allows me extra headroom since I am free of the
height limitation it imposes.  Can anyone suggest a trial tubing or
other material to demo?  I am seeking a taller look akin to older
Land Rovers and will know the shape when it is right.   Plastic
water pipe comes to mind, but it is too flexible, giving an undesired
classic Conestoga wagon look.  If I owned my own muffler shop, I
could demo all day long ... instead I am filled with dreams of full
access to a model shop.  Is there a bar off-the-shelf design I
seek (Scout2 width, taller than factory roll bar)?  Who has been
down this path?  Mark