Re: ihc-digest V5 #6

I just purchased a 392E from a t'all (72 or 74).  Has anything ever been
posted on using the engine serial #'s below the engine type to determine the
year of manufacture (or anything else worth while)?
During teardown in prep for a rebuild, I've found a great deal of crud in the
fuel and water ports in the heads, around the valve springs, etc...  How
nasty can the internals of this engine look before I should reconsider a
rebuild?  It looks like rain got into the intake while the engine sat in the
junk yard.  I was told it ran before the junk jerks let rain get in it.

Thanks for your help,

Mike
FLY4SCOUT@domain.elided