Re: I done bad

John,

I hope not, but it sounds like you may have broke off a tooth or two on your ring gear.
The bang noise in that case should be very repetitive. Drive forward at a constant
speed, and if it bangs at a steady rate, that'd be my diagnosis. If you get it going
fast enough, it would sound like someone is shooting a 50 cal. machine gun from your
bed (I wouldn't advise doing that, however).

Good luck. I hope others have ideas that aren't quite so doom filled (not that
replacing a ring gear is all that bad. . .)

Dave Nevin
dnevin@domain.elided
66 Scout 800 (it looks good on one side! ;^)   )