Re: Power steering hose replacement

Hassan,
I haven't yet had to mess with the PS on my E36's but I had to work on
the PS system on each of my E30's (87, 89 and 91 325iC's) and I'd
assume it's comparable.

Do you know which hose? Your '93 I believe has 3: one from the
reservoir to the pump, one pump to rack and one rack to reservoir.
FWIW, the friendly people at Bavarian Auto tell me that those hoses are
$43. 25, $191 and $77.45, respectively.

I don't think the work is too hard, though it is a bit messy. Bear in
mind that you have high pressure fittings, and possibly little copper
sleeves at the tips - first thing I'd do is spend the 15 dirty minutes
to ascertain exactly where my leak is, and _what's_ leaking. On my last
car, it wasn't the hoses, but the reservoir with a small crack.

I got a salvage pull from Vines BMW (vinesauto.com) for $15 and it took
30 minutes to install AND clean up.

Hope that helps,
Drew