RE: Power steering hose replacement

Hassan,

Just Been There Done That. Found a hydraulics shop that rebuilds hoses. Did
the work while I waited. They recycled all but one fitting that was too
short to put another fitting on. cost $168 CDN for both hoses. Note that the
85 e28 535 has (I found out later) a flow restrictor in the line to the
steering box. We did put a steel tube, clamped onto the hose, but if there
was supposed to be someting inside the hose, I never looked to find out. I
also replaced all the return lines (dom't forget the ones between the cooler
loop and the hard lines into the engine compartment, and the filter inside
the resevoir.

Have fun,

doug

85 e28 535i, 134K Miles