E28 Hesitation fixed with simple fix

For the past few months I have been reading about Ron
J. and others chase rough idle, hesitation and
"normal" E28 drivability/starting issues.

Well I too have been chasing some of the same issues
and replaced my ICV, cold start injector and a few
other components.  I was convinced it was some type of
unmetered air problem, but even with the propane test
I came up empty.  Well last night while changing my
oil, I think I located the problem - dip stick seal!

I added a small o-ring to make the seal more effective
and not only is my idle better, now when hot or cold
starting the ECU is no longer spending the first 8
seconds hunting.

Please don't tell me that I didn't fix the problem - I
want to believe it is fixed for now...

Dean
88 535is (210,000)