Re: securing hockey pucks/ was: broken jack point

No lesser authority than the illustrious Ron Stygar claims the silicone
method is less reliable than a using a method to spread the existing snap-in
arms on the hockey puck.  I can't recommend either one from personal
experience; instead I've just come to regard the jack pads as a consumable.
See this link for more information on Ron's typically thorough approach:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/misc/e36_jack_points.html

Talking of Steve D's jack plate, I have one that I barely use (and has very
little mileage since I bought it last summer), and would be happy to sell.
Steve lists them for $100; I'd like to get $80, plus shipping from 19301.
See this link for more information on the jack plate:

http://www.ultimategarage.com/jackplat.html

Martin Bullen
'95 M3
'97 Z3 2.8