Re: securing hockey pucks/ was: broken jack point

I believe the suggestion made to me about silicone was because I'd
noticed rusting above the jackpad and wanted to make it water tight,
thinking that water and salt may have been creeping up there for 10
years, causing the corrosion.

I've got little rust on my '92 (hardly any at all) coz I rinse
everything pretty religiously, and didn't want to leave the cause
unattended to.  Obsessive me.  The jack pad will, I'm sure stay fine in
mine--for six bucks, not quite worth the time to drill and screw, though
a nifty idea nonetheless.

Cordially,

Doug