Re: E30 shifter problems

The saga continues.

So, it turns out they put Castrol 80/90 in it. The mechanic I spoke to
says it's normal for my car to shift hard when cold because of the
number of miles on it, and that I should just let it warm up in the
morning before I drive it. I asked about Redline synthetic, and he said
it is designed for racing and is meant to operate at higher
temperatures, so he advise against it because my car is a daily driver
with 135k miles on it.

So, I thought about it for a while, read some more info and settled on
going with the oil advice I've received from this mailing list and have
read in the article at http://www.e30forum.net/technical/91.html. I
called the garage back and am having them replace the oil with Redline
against their own recommendation. I went through the red label green
label stuff that I read in the above article for the mechanic.

Hopefully it'll turn be the magic cure that everybody has said it would
be.

- --
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey