Re: Mystery of the disappearing Roundel

The hood roundel always seems to wear out faster than the trunk roundel.  I
don't know why...could be the temperature cycling, or the fact that it's
right at the front of the car, and gets hit by flying debris as well as
continuous wind, or it could be that because it faces up, it gets more
direct sun than the trunk roundel.

In any case, it's very easy to replace, and costs around $10 at the dealer.
It's held in place by two thick pins that friction fit into two plastic
grommets inserted in the hood.  Pry the old roundel off the hood (using a
plastic knife and a piece of cloth to protect the paint from your prying),
and replace it.  You may want to also replace the grommets, to insure a real
tight fit.

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3