From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Sanders, Ron
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 2:59 PM
To: 'bmw@domain.elided'
Subject: Mystery of the disappearing Roundel

Recently, I discovered that the graphics on the roundel hood ornament had
disappeared from my '92 525i.  By that, I mean that the roundel is still on
the hood and unmolested, but the blue, white, and black enamel have
disappeared without a trace.  The hood ornament still has the engraved
outline of the propeller and the letters BMW, but the surface is buffed
aluminum.  Has anyone else had this experience or can offer a possible
explanation?  BTW, the trunk roundel is normal as are the roundels on my
other BMW.