Re: Wiper blades a dealer part?

Pep Boys once again sells the Bosch wiper blades.  Last weekend I saw them
in the store.

Also, your dealer will sell you refill wiper blades (just the rubber pieces)
for a reasonable price.  You re-use the metal stiffening strips that fit
into the wiper blades.  You may need to cut a bit off the end, since the
length of the refills is designed to fit a variety of cars.  Just make sure
you DON'T cut off the end where the 'hooks' on the metal stiffening strips
fit in.

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3
1993 E34 525iT
1999 Mazda Miata

>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:28:45 -0500
>From: "Robert A. Virzi" <bob.virzi@domain.elided>
>Subject: Wiper blades a dealer part?
>
>I was looking around for replacement wiper blades ('99 528ti) this
>weekend and I was very surprised to find that none of the local shops
>stock them.  One of the guys in a local NAPA told me, "Forget it.
>Many have tried, none succeeded.  Visit the dealer."
>
>So, has anyone on the list got a solution?  The connection between
>the wiper arm and the blade is indeed some strange beast.  But what
>about swapping just the rubber itself?  That seemed to be more
>standard and I can't believe there isn't a non-dealer way to replace
>such a simple item.
>		-Bob

End of bmw-digest V9 #2346