Re: 2nd BMW

TISMAEL711@domain.elided wrote:
> In a message dated 12/30/02 2:49:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:
>
> <<
>  I am getting the convertible for $3,500.  It has
>  130,000 miles, new top and tires with less than 5,000
>  miles on the tires. There is no rust on the car and
>  the suspension feels tight. There are a few dings and
>  scratches, but overall in good condition. It had a new
>  radiator in '98 and the timing belt changed at 108,000
>  miles.  I will get the full report Monday morning when
>  I talk to the service technician.
>  Now to my question.  This car will be a toy and only
>  driven on nice days.  Is there anything other than
>  what I have mentioned to look for?  I feel like it is
>  a good car at a great price.
>  >>

> For $3500.....it sounds like a steal.  New tires, no rust,
> recent timing belt.......and looks good????   I'd buy it.

I'm with Tismael.
This sounds like an excellent deal. Assuming the car is in as good of a
shape as Chris is stating, it's worth twice the asking price.
Make sure the body is straight and true. Check for matching VIN stickers
on all body panels and paint overspray. Most accident damage can be
repaired properly, but if the shop took short cuts you may be looking at a
future rust bucket.

alex f

End of bmw-digest V9 #2327