2nd BMW

I have lurked for awhile and this is my first post.  I
have a 2002 Gray/Green Metallic 325i, and today I put
a deposit down on a Gray 1989 325i Convertible from
someone selling the car to pay legal fees from a
divorce.

It has been regularly maintained by a very good local
foreign car shop that will work on my first car when
it is out of warranty.  The same mechanic does all of
the maintenance and they try to do all the repair work
as well.  Kind of like the old way of taking care of
your car.

I am getting the convertible for $3,500.  It has
130,000 miles, new top and tires with less than 5,000
miles on the tires. There is no rust on the car and
the suspension feels tight. There are a few dings and
scratches, but overall in good condition. It had a new
radiator in '98 and the timing belt changed at 108,000
miles.  I will get the full report Monday morning when
I talk to the service technician.

Now to my question.  This car will be a toy and only
driven on nice days.  Is there anything other than
what I have mentioned to look for?  I feel like it is
a good car at a great price.

I would like to thank everyone for their posts that
have helped educate me on this car.

Chris
http://mailplus.yahoo.com