e30 water out of side defrost vent.... related to sunroof drain?

Hi guys and gals.

Car was parked last two weeks while out of town.
I know the sunroof drains on drivers front side is marginal.  I
have tried blowing it out with no success.
Must have rained while we were gone and the car was parked
"wrong".
Driver side foot well soaked but the strangest thing was the
water gurgling in the heater vents and spitting out the circular
vent at the end of the dash on the drivers side!

I feel the sunroof drain and this drain must be related....any
ideas?

I have NEVER been able to locate the drivers side firewall drain.
Any ideas where it is?

What a pain..

I'll be out sucking water out of carpet and playing with fans
today.  FUN!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

RIc