Re: E39 Brake manual

I own two BMWs, and the task of replacing brake pads is essentially the
same.  Bentley has a manual for both.  I checked the ETK, and brakes on the
E39 look like the brakes on my cars, so the same procedures should apply.

You can find instructions here:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/brakes/e36_lets_brake_it.html
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/brakes/e36_changing_brake_pads.html

Also, a good step-by-step guide can be found here:

http://www.racepad.com/tech/bmw/change_brake_pads/change_brake_pads.htm

Again, these web pages are specific to the E36 model, so part numbers for
brake pads, and perhaps some of the hardware, will be different for your
E39.  However, the procedure should be essentially the same.

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3
1993 E34 525iT