E30 Power Steering System Flush

Recently I bought an 87 325ic that appeared to have a leaking steering
pump/rack. Upon closer inspection, it was the reservoir and low pressure
lines that were leaking, leaving the pump and rack covered with grime. Worse,
the p.o. apparently thought that the cure was to add "Stop Leak". The fluid
was a dark gray mess. I bought new low pressure lines and a new reservoir.
What is the best way for me to evacuate the old fluid out of the rest of the
system? The pump and rack are working just fine, without any leaking, I just
need to get the system filled with totally clean ATF. I've been using Mobil 1
ATF in other applications with good results, any thoughts on this
application?

Thank you!

Jim Dougherty
New Orleans