E28 diagnosis/parts needed

Hi folks,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

My '85 535i died on me again last night - it's the second time
it's left me stranded. Seems to be an computer/ignition/sensor
problem because I can get the car restarted and play with the
throttle enough to keep it firing intermittently, i.e. not a
fuel delivery problem. (I actually got it to hold a steady
throttle at 2500 revs, but when it dropped below that, it
stumbled and died again).

So, I'm thinking I have a DME or maybe AFM problem. (Cap, rotor,
plug wires, crank sensor, O2 sensor, cold start valve are all
new).

Anyone want to offer an alternative diagnosis? In the meantime,
does someone know where I can find a used 535i DME and AFM for
sale?

Thanks in advance,
Erik
http://mailplus.yahoo.com