Re: Antifreeze

As stated in the link that I included (and read the same thing on other
pages), there seems to be an issue with Dex-Cool when:

- - the level gets too low
- - the car isn't used very frequently
- - thorough cooling system flushing isn't done

Perhaps I didn't flush the system the proper way?  I installed the Prestone
Flush and Fill kit on the E30, with a hose attachment inserted into a heater
hose, and reverse flushing the system so that everything comes out of the
radiator neck.  The drawback to this method is that the system is being
flushed with cold water from a hose.  Alex used a different method (which I
also found while searching the Dex-Cool links today), so maybe my f**kup
caused the problem?

Anyhow, I seem to have no problems with non Dex-Cool systems, so I'll stick
with it!

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3