Re: Antifreeze

Bob,
I also run Dex-Cool in both of my bimmers. Both had the prior BMW coolant
thoroughly drained and flushed. Filling the car with water and bringing it
to operating temps with heater set to full blast help to flush the
remnants of the old coolant out of the heater core. Neither car shows any
signs of sludging or temp fluctuations.
I remember reading warning against mixing BMW coolant with Dex-Cool, but
do not recall the details.
I have nothing against BMW coolant, other than the skyrocketing price
courtesy of the local dealers. As long as it was in the $5-10/gallon
range, I kept bending over. Once it went to $15-20/ per the same gallon, I
switched.
Two blown E36 radiator necks, one at 69K the other at 52K miles, did not
encourage much loyalty to BMW coolant either.

YMMV,
alex f