Mobil 1 vs. Red Line synthetic oils

At 04:53 PM 11/27/02, bmw-digest talked about:
>I have used Mobil 1 synthetic oil in all my BMW cars for many years.
>I have been very happy with Mobil 1.

Then there's probably no reason to change.

>I have heard and read a lot lately that Red Line synthetic oil is the best.

Red Line is very good, IMO. As to "best", I don't know.

>Does anyone have any technical data to compare the different synthetic oils?

You can get technical data on all Red Line fluids at their web site
<www.redlineoil.com>.

>What is your opinion and experience on the different types of synthetic oils?

I run Red Line fluids in both of my cars, expect for running Mobil 1 oil in
the race car. I've been very happy with the Red Line products.

I run Mobil 1 in the race car primarily because its oil gets changed very
frequently and Mobil 1 is a bit cheaper than Red Line.

Hope that helps,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4 - Red Line fluids throughout
1993 325is #44 KP - Red Line & Mobil 1 fluids