Mobil 1 vs. Red Line synthetic oils

I need some advise.

I have used Mobil 1 synthetic oil in all my BMW cars for many years.
I have been very happy with Mobil 1.
I use 20W-50 in the summer and 10W-30 in the winter.

I have heard and read a lot lately that Red Line synthetic oil is the best.
Does anyone have any technical data to compare the different synthetic oils?
What is your opinion and experience on the different types of synthetic oils?

I am getting ready to change my oil soon and I am considering changing to Red
Line or another synthetic oil, if proven to be better.

Dennis Logan

End of bmw-digest V9 #2299