kyb shocks

KYB makes a high-pressure single-tube (deCarbon) shock, like Bilstein,
called Gas-a-Just, and two-tube shocks, like Sachs/Boge, called GR-2 and
something else.

The Gas-a-Just shock is a quality part, but they seem to be set up about
as stiff as the Boge oem "Automatic" shock, and not as stiff as the Boge
"Turbo" shock. I had the Gas-a-Justs on an Audi Fox once and got a great
ride but with wheel hop on hard acceleration. I replaced them with Boge
Heavy Duty (now called Turbo) and the shudder went away.

MHO: Use Boge "Turbo".

The Bilstein "Heavy Duty" will ride worse. The Bilstein deCarbon"Comfort"
shock was not a commercial success, and it may have been replaced by their
two-tube"Touring" shock which is about the same as the Boge.

- -tc

- --
Ted Crum
1988 735i  5-speed