Re: I've got BIG problems!!! Need advice please

> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:37:14 -0800 (PST)
> From: Eric Draven <ddrk1@domain.elided>
> Subject: I've got BIG problems!!!  Need advice please
>
> Greetings all.  I'm having some problems changing out
> the clutch master in my 95 325i.  First thing, I can't
> remove the fitting at the bottom of the master.  It's
> on too tight and the hex is stripped.

Go to the hardware store and get a Vise-Grip locking wrench. It looks like a
regular Vise-Grip except that it has a notch cut out of the fixed jaw at
such an angle that it grips the fitting on three sides when it's locked
down. The 6-inch version of this Vise-Grip product is an excellent tool for
brake line fittings -- I've used mine to replace brake hoses time and time
again without wrecking a line or a fitting.

  Secondly the
> hose that connects to the plastic fitting came off the
> fitting instead of the fitting coming out with the
> hose.

Can't envision this perfectly as I'm an E24/E30 owner, but I'd replace old
hoses as a matter of course. Brake line hoses, particularly those at the
wheels, can fail internally and block the flow of fluid over time. Might as
well avert a future problem while you've got it apart! And yes, I'd change
the hard line too if it's munged up.

Russ Maki
Ixonia, Wis.