Re: Koni Single Adjustable Shock Questions

The front is easily adjustable, just like u mentioned, with a knob. The rears are more difficult. U need to get Ground Control RSM, so that u can adjust the rear shocks, but u gotta remove the shocks to adjust it. If u do not get the GC RSM then u will have to remove the carpetting in the trunk to adjust everytime.
i got the koni's and Eiback Pro-kit from shox.com, shox.com had free shipping for Konis when i bought from them.
Rahul.
'95 325i + some mods
 Frank & Kirsten <FranKirsten@domain.elided> wrote:From the feedback I have received, I'm going to try the Konis on my car.
I have a few questions about the Koni (yellow) single adjustable shocks
for a 1995 M3 (78K miles). It appears that the fronts are externally
adjustable, is this correct? You just twist the knob a the top of the
strut tower, is it that easy?
In regards to installing the front shocks, it appears that they must be
installed in my existing strut housings. Can anyone point me to
instructions for this procedure?

The rears are reported to be adjustable too, but how do you adjust them?
Do you have to load the rear-end with the tire off and rotate the shock?
I have read to replace the rear shock mounts (top) with the E46 mount,
what are the benefits?

Also, it was advised to change out the suspension bushings. Would
urethane ones rattle out my tooth fillings for daily driving use? Are
there some good ones on the market that can be recommended for street
use that will give good performance at possible NASA track events type
activities in the future?

What online dealers are recommended for purchasing Konis and for
bushings? Tire Rack had what seems like the lowest on the Konis.

Thanks for the advice and info, Frank

- --