Used Cyinder head

It is about $300 at the machine shop, and a $170 gasket set to do a valve
job..It takes me about 20 hrs to DIY the one on my 88 735i..leave the
manifold in te car and then the FI can stay connected.. take the head to
NAPA and get them to do a valve job..a used head will probably cost a
similar amunt, but could easily have similar problems.  I think a good
bimmer mechanic could do the job in 10 hrs..

It is probably a valve stem seal causing your problem.. It could be a ring,
but less likely. Worn valve guides are less likely than a stem seal.  My 88
is running with original guides at 237k miles, tho I changed the seals at
140k, and did a valve job..

My.02

David Leonard