RE: Used Cyinder head

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, at 16:58:38 David A. Leonard wrote:

>  take the head to NAPA and get them to do a valve job ...

That's assuming they've seen something other than Detroit Iron. Years ago I
took my '02 head the machine shop in the back of the local auto parts store.
The machinist stared at it in frank admiration, muttering, "Wow, that's
really clever ... how'd they do that?" He looked at me and said, "If you can
finesse the cam out of there, I can grind the valves for you."

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi
BMW CCA