Was Valve Retainers Now installation

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. So my current winter project is to replace my E36
M3 mid-94 OEM valve retainers with the later model retainers.

Now comes the interesting question - How much work is this. I imagine that
one needs to R&R the cams and I get the sense that BMW has a wiz-bang tool
that only cost $10e6. Are there alternatives to the special shop tools and
should I do anything else while I am in there? I would probably replace the
valve springs while I am there - any secrets to shim heights etc. The motor
has just under 70k miles and runs like a champ.

TIA

Ray Bahr