Re: Steering wheel for 540i

> I would like to change factory installed steering wheel on my 540i (1997) for sporty style steering wheel presumably from M5 or M3.
>
> Any one can provide me with information on compatibility or interchangeability of steering wheels between aforementioned models?

Fred,
do you want the three spoke sports wheel (with the m colored stitching)? i have one with no airbag.. i bought it for $400.. it has no buttons (cruise or radio) came of an m roadster...
are you interested...? i haven't really had time to look for an airbag... (anyone out there have one?? ;)

I think they are all the same.. i have a 94 e36 (with the ugly 4 spoke no emblem wheel) and i tried it on and it fit my car perfectly...

Nico