Re: ['99 M Roadster] BMW Alarm / Central lock not working

Just in case someone was wondering or searching any archives...

I had no responses, so I took out the glovebox and I reconnected
several of the BMW alarm connectors and the system is working properly
again.

/greg

On Sep 30, 2002, "Gregory F. March" <march@domain.elided>  wrote:

 |Hi all...
 |
 |I have a '99 MZ3 with the dealer installed BMW alarm.  I am having
 |some problems with the interaction between the alarm and the central
 |locking mechanism.
 |
 |It has been working fine for about a year. Today, the alarm still
 |chirps correctly (one for arm and two for disarm), but the door locks
 |are not locking.
 |
 |If I lock the car by either pressing the lock into the door or by
 |using the key and then I use the alarm remote, the following happens:
 |
 |1) If the doors are locked and I disarm, they unlock.
 |
 |2) If the doors are locked and I arm, they also *unlock*!
 |
 |Under no circumstances could I get them to lock. The fuses look
 |good. I recall reading something about this, but I've searched the
 |archives and can't find it. Does anyone have a clue as to what might
 |be the problem?
 |
 |Someone mentioned that I could have a bad diode, but I am not sure
 |where it is located or how to get at it.
 |
 |Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 |
 |Thanks,
 |
 |/greg

 |--
 |Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet
 |--
 |to be removed from bmw, see /bin/digest-subs.cgi
 |or email "unsubscribe bmw" to majordomo@domain.elided

- --
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet