Re: E30 noisy rear bearing

In a message dated 9/30/02 10:36:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< My trusty E30 is again hinting that my wallet is in for trouble.

 There is a rubbing noise coming from the rear right wheel. It is louder at
 speed, and only is there when I am accelerating. When I coast or brake, it
 is silent. I have also noticed a creaking noise when I start to reverse -
 again from that area.

 I wondered if a rubber bush was on the way?? Or maybe a wheelbearing - or a
 driveshaft / diff problem??

 Any suggestions would be appreciated. >>

Rob,

Try adjusting your emergency brake cable (can do from inside the car by the
hand brake - lift up the boot)...my son's car did the same thing...too much
slack will allow it to rub and "click-cick" at the rear drum....that's all it
was.

Good luck,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646