Re: e36 key cylinder won't turn

Okay, somewhat ongoing saga:

Definitely verified that the  cylinder is broken - but now that it spins
freely in both directions, how do I get it out?

Having said that, I know that the *correct* procedure is supposed to be
that you turn the key to 60degrees, insert a pin into the release hole,
then the cylinder comes out. But with it broken, there seems to be no
"release" pin config that works (I tried for an hour).

I'm getting ready to just drill it out, but that seems so harsh. Anyone
know how to do it otherwise?

Regards,
Drew

It appears that on 9/12/2002 3:09 PM, Fadeev, Alex at