Steering Wheel Shaking

Folks,

Good news. I was able to fix my problem (shaking steering wheel) with $5 at
a local tire shop.
I took the car to a local tire shop to rotate the wheels back to the
original position. But before they started the rotation I told the guy to
check a front wheel as I recall hitting an object hard a few weeks ago.
They discovered a bump in the front tire. So I just replaced that wheel
with the spare tire. Problem solved.
Lesson to learn: first look at the problem with a simple solution and
commons sense in mind, then move up to more complex and expensive options.

Thanks a lot to all of you who answer my posting, And thank you BMW for a
full spare (wheel) tire.
Manny
'99 323i