sick E36 M3

Folks,
I'm not having a very good car weekend. At this Saturday's LSC autoX I let
a friend drive my car. Two runs later after I got it back, the bottom
cooling hose is off the radiator neck (two other E36 loose coolant hoses,
one looses a radiator neck!) AND the car had developed an engine hiccup. I
refilled the car with water, but the hiccup got worse and the car returned
home on a tow truck.
It started off as a very weird problem: I could accelerate as hard as I
wanted in straight line or going left. But as soon as I would try
accelerating and turning right at the same time, it would throw a check
engine light and I loose power for 1-2 seconds.
Obviously not very good for my run times. I spent the rest of the afternoon
crawling under the car looking for anything amiss. One suggestion was a
dying 02 sensor. So I unplug it and test the car. Everything seams alright.
I went out and fill her up to the brink to eliminate the fuel starvation
possibility.
Then line up for afternoon runs and the hiccup is back with a vengeance.
Now I don't get the power back at all. Once I loose power, the tech goes
into a feeding frenzy zooming all over the dial without the corresponding
change in engine noise. Then it stalls. I can restart it, but the RPMs hunt
at idle and it soon stalls again. I finish the end of the day in my wife's
car.
After cleaning up the course I start my M3 to see if I can drive it home.
It seams to be back to normal (engine cold == no problem?). But than around
Weatherford the tech needle dance is back and the car stalls every 60
seconds. Than every 30 seconds. The check engine light stays on all the
time. Long story short, I pull into a gas station and call AAA.
When the tow truck finally shows up and hour and a half later (engine cold
again), it starts right up to get on the flat bed under its own power. Same
story getting it off the flat bed.

Since I had triggered a check engine light, I hope to read some useful
codes out of it. My '95 M3 is refusing to oblige with the gas pedal light
check. Is there anyone on the list who lives in the DFW area and would loan
me a code reader this afternoon?
Any ideas?
Usual suspects?
BTDT's?

Since the car dies and refuses to restart, I'm suspecting either a DME or
an HFM (euro HFM setup).
Does flywheel sensor fit the bill?

All miscellaneous temp sensors are also under suspicion, but I doubt they
would cause the car to die.
The fuel deliver is also in question and might account for the stalling,
but not the tech needle dance.
What else?

TIA,
alex f