Re: Looking for gas tank for an e30

When I had a leak in my gas tank (91 318), I searched a couple of
alternatives. I didn't look at used tanks, from junkyard, since they
probably have, or will have the same leak I have real soon.
The first option is the dealer !!! A brand new tank is way too expensive,
forget about it
Second option, I almost choose this option, is to buy a aftermarket tank
(jobber) They are new, and the price is very low.
Third option, the one I choose (because 98% of the tank was not rusted,
only a small area), was to remove the tank and send it to a radiator shop.
They cleaned the tank inside and out, they pressurized the tank to find the
leak, cleaned/treated the affected area and welded (or soldered)the hole,
then repainted the tank. It was a low $ repair ($35 CAN), can't beat that.
The tank is on the car since then(2years) with no problems.

Hope this helps
Michel Drainville
91 318ic