Re: Advice on 1984 325e

Of course, you could ride around on a worn out suspension, engine/trans mounts,
marginal engine operation and etc.......but that defeats the whole idea of
driving a BMW.

I'm going further with this ...... All/Any BMW's with over 125K miles need alot
of new parts to bring them back to spec. I have been there and done that.......

Unless you are into fantasy;125K miles is a 'serious' major replacement
milestone on these cars.
Btw, It is also a major replacement milestone for MBZ......

Once you have enjoyed one without all that deferred maintenance you'll never go
back.......

Henri

Isaw a post about 'at 140k, such and such need replacement'. I wouldn't put
too much stock in opinions like that myself, as I have seen  e30's go over
160k with no major problems except a driveshaft replacement at 125k.
Routine maintenance of brakes, oil changes and belt swaps make these cars
last a long time. I sold my 88 e30 with 165k for $4500 in Jan, and the new
owner has put on 13k with no problems to date.