Re: Winter wheels - Spare

Clearly the consensus is to go with a set of 16" wheels with
dedicated snows.  Lot's of very good reasons.  I'm convinced.  Tire
rack evens promotes a package just for this.

But I was surprised to hear everyone getting just 4 wheels.  So if a
tire let's go, you'd just run with one 17" in an emergency.  I guess
this would work, kind of like those donut spares but in reverse.
Could be kind of funky, though, with traction control and ABS and all
the other electronics sensing wheel speed these days.  Unless the
changes in aspect ratio and wheel size came close to cancelling each
other out, I suppose.

Just thinking through the possibilities. . .
- -Bob
'99 528it