Re: E30 ES Rearend

"David W. Reichel" <reichel2@domain.elided> wrote:
> Can someone confirm whether the statement "ALL e30 325ES models
> came with limited slip (posi) rearends" is correct?

David,
Most 's' E30 cars came with a 25% limited slip diff (not sure about your
'posi' reference). However, the 's' nomenclature was a BMW NA marketing
designation. The only way to find out for sure what options your car has is
to get a delivery sheet print out from the dealer's service department. Ask
them, and they will do it for free.

> Also, what gear ratios did ES' come with? Thanks in advance.

IIRC, it was either a 2.93 or a 3.25 diff. I think they varied with model
years.
325i cars got a 3.73 diff (some 25% LSD, some open).

alex f