RE: tire issues

- -----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Braithwaite [mailto:brahtw8@domain.elided]

> ... the left
> front has a plug.  Would it be idiotic to use the
> tires at a two-day track event where I expect to
> see heaving braking, cornering, and speeds in the
> 140s?

I wouldn't recommend it.

You really think you'll see those speeds out of
a 325i?   Yow....

> If the answer to that question is yes, which I
> suspect it is, any recommendations for a good
> high performance tire that is reasonably priced?
> The tire rack is giving Yoko AVS Intermediates
> away, but I hear the tire is being discontinued.

Yes, the tire is being discontinued -- that tire
model has been around for more than 10 years and
way back then, they were near the top of the heap
for performance street tires.  At the price they
are going for now, you won't find a better
performance tire to burn up on the track.

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner