Defective Wheel

I think I have a one-of-a-kind story to share.  Bought a new M3 and picked it
up 3 weeks ago.  The right rear tire has not held air.  I have had to fill it
several times a week.   I had looked carefully for a nail myself and couldn't
find a thing.  I was thinking the tire was defective or something.  Made an
appointment with the dealer to check it out last week and they couldn't find
a leak.  I wonder if they thought I was nuts?

Seems they only spray soap around the bead and valve stem looking for
bubbles...and the obvious nail or whatever might be in the tread.  They said
next time I bring it in they would take the wheel off the car and send it our
for a check.  What a waste of my time.  They don't even have a way to put a
tire under water to find leaks.

So with 900 miles on my car, this weekend I took the wheel off the car myself
and put it in the swimming pool to look for bubbles.  To my utter amazement I
found a steady stream of bubbles, but not where I expected to find them (the
leak).  The wheel has a pinhole in the casting about half way between the
inner and outer bead.  Is this rare or what????   I wish I was so lucky in
the lottery.

So tomorrow I am calling the dealer and telling him to order a new wheel so
it'll be there in a few days when I return for my 1,200 mile service.

JP
Dayton, Ohio