Re: Squeaking Metal Mater Brake Pads on my M Coupe

DJLogan33@domain.elided wrote:
> I have always hated BMW's stock brake pads. They dust so much
> and always made a mess of my wheels.

Dennis,
Pick two out of three: {dustless, quiet, good}.

> I have replaced the stock brake pads on all BMWs (5) with the
> Metal Master High Performance "Dustless" brake pads.
> My most recent BMW that I replaced the stock brake pads, was
> my M Coupe. Up until now, I never have had a problem with them
> squeaking when braking.

You either got lucky or did not have them long enough to get to the squeaky
part.
MM's squeak like stuck pigs.
They also stink really bad and fade after a half decent deceleration. And
all around lousy brake pad.

> I broke in the brake pads, as I have always, very easy.
> The Metal Masters on my M Coupe squeak.
> Does anyone know what can be done to the pads to stop them
> from squeaking?

Lake test!
Take the MMs off, throw them in a lake. If they float => reinstall them and
they will never squeak again.
If they sink, go with other pads.

Sorry,
alex f