Re: e30 wheel/tire question

That depends on several factors.  What is the width of the rim? what is
the offset of the rim?

After researching this in depth for 15x7.5 in wheels, the conclusion is
that the perfect offset is between 25 and 27mm.  If your wheel is
narrower you can use a wider range of offsets.  16x7.5" wheels with
205/50-16 tires will work with 22mm to 29mm offset. However, later  if
you want to go with a 225/45 tire you'll need the wheels to be in the
25-27mm range so that you don't have rubbing.

Given the lack of wheels with this size, you may have to use spacers...

- -Kurt