Re: Vredestein Tires

In a message dated 3/18/02 9:00:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<  I remember them is that they had blue tread. That's right, bright  >>

Actually, those were not Vredestein but Metzler. That was a well intentioned
and short lived experiment. The tread was a stiff hydrophilic rubber. Problem
was it aged at a different rate than the rest of the tire.

In the mid 70's I sold thousands of Vredestein tires. They were awesome. Did
not have a single defective one in the entire lot. They were also great for
rallying as they "grew" very little and had really superior gription over
others available at the time, particularly on dirt. I would endorse them very
highly. An excellent value.

Now does anyone remember "Veith" tires?
Michel