Re: Vredestein tires

With all the major tire companies advertising everywhere, the smaller tire
companies sometimes don't get noticed.

I've been running Vredestein SnowTracs on my 325iX and highly recommend them
for winter tires.  Granted the iX helps, but the SnowTracs are grippy,
affordable, and quiet.  They have a compound that helps in cold weather, and
this compound goes throughout the tire, not just for the first 5k miles like
some brands.  Dry weather performance is great.

I also have Vredestein SporTracs as summer tires.  While "only" V-rated,
their performance in the dry and wet is terrific in my opinion.  They are
also affordable and quiet.

Lastly, my wife's car has Vredestein QuadTrac all-season tires.  I think
they are a great compromise and the car (Jetta) does great under all kinds
of conditions with these tires.  Again, affordable and quiet as well.

Am I biased?  I've used many brands of tires, with different ratings, etc.
and have found the Vredesteins to be a great choice.  I have no reservations
about recommending them.

Jerry
'88 325iX