Re: Wheels for 85 535i

The issue with 14" performance tires deals with a very specific category -
ultra-high performance or maximum performance SUMMER tires.

If you want to get ultra-high performance or high performance ALL SEASON
tires, there is still a wide selection.

Go to Tire Rack and check out what's available:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SearchTires.jsp

But, before you decide to buy some 14" tires, keep in mind that your car
currently has the TRX wheels, in 390mm size.

390mm = 15.35"

So, a 15" wheel would actually be a little smaller.  It's probably better to
go up to a 16" wheel.  The 1988 M5 came equipped with 16" wheels and
225/50-16 tires.  The selection of 16" tires is great.

There may be a slightly higher amount of additional stress, but not enough
to even worry about.

- -rb