From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
dmax
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 8:02 AM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: Rear shocks? 92 325i

Folks,

Re: '92 325i (manu: 8/'92)

My dealer quoted me $74.25 each for rear shocks--p/n: BM33-52-2-227-488
Says Bilstein.

An independent, well reputed BMW shop says that Bilstein isn't what it
used to be and that Boge (which I believe were the original) is better.
Also, the dealer only gives a year warranty; if I buy them separately I
get a lifetime warranty from most places I've found on the web and the
dealer will install them for me.

So, my question is (and I'm sure it's been beaten to death on this list)
is which shock to go with?  I don't really want to spend the extra money
for Konis and have been fine with my ride.  If I buy them, which one?
I've seen Bilsteins on the web listed as sport, heavy duty, and with no
other spec--anyone got a part number and/or recommendation for or
against Boge.

Thanks much!

Doug

- --