Re: Rear shocks? 92 325i

I agree with Alex's statements about the quality and longevity of Bilstein
shocks/struts.  I replaced the stock (Boge) shocks/struts and springs on my
E30 318i after ~105k miles, with Bilstein Sport shocks/struts and Eibach
Pro-Kit springs.  150k miles later, the struts are still as good as when
they were first installed.

The shocks were replaced after ~80k miles.  I found that the left rear shock
was leaking oil, so I had it replaced under warranty (free, other than
shipping).  Since the shocks need to be changed 'per axle', I received a
PAIR of shocks, and replaced both, even though the right rear shock was
still fine.

And, although I purchased the Bilsteins from RD Enterprises (www.shox.com),
they told me to deal with Bilstein for warranty service, and Bilstein told
me to send the shocks to them for analysis and replacement.  The warranty
only covers shock or strut replacement, not the labor involved in replacing
them.

Not liking the prospect of having my car out of commission for a few weeks
while the shocks are shipped and analyzed, I called Korman.  They shipped a
pair of shocks to me, and billed my credit card for them, and credited my
complete purchase price (less shipping), when they received the old shocks.
My car was only out of commission during the time that I was replacing the
shocks.

Many thanks to Korman for providing excellent customer service in this case!

- -rb