Re: RubberWindow Lining and Front Grill

Kevin,
I suspect the dealer might be the only safe place to procure window
gaskets. You can typically get a better deal from one of the Roundel
advertisers offering CCA discounts. I bet they also carry the front grills.
FWIW: Bav Auto, BMP, Rocky Mountain Motorsports and all other BMW related
after market sources that send you free big glossy magazines are not the
cheapest place around. Just think about their marketing budget and who is
paying for all those 'free' catalogs.
Roundel and www.bmwlinks.com would be two good guides for BMW parts'
shopping.
alex f

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           elmorekevin@hotm|
|         |           ail.com         |
|         |           Sent by:        |
|         |           owner-bmw@digest|
|         |           .net            |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           02/14/02 09:43  |
|         |           PM              |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      "BMW Digest" <bmw@domain.elided>                                                                 |
  |        cc:                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: RubberWindow Lining and Front Grill                                                           |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Could somebody please direct me to a place where I can buy the window seals
for a 1986 735i?  This is the rubber peice that the window closes up into,
I'm
not exactly sure what the official name of it is, it seems to be a pretty
hard
piece to find online.  I think I only want to do the fron two first, and
see
how it goes.  Has anyone else done this, and is it a very hard job?  What
kind
of supplies do I need?  I'm pretty capable, or should I just go have
someone
do it for me?
    Also, my front grill has a dent in it like someone hit it with a broom
stick--unrepairable.  Does anyone on the list frequent a junkyard that has
one
of these intact on an E23 7 series?  I'm looking for one that's not $90
(out
of Bav. Autosport)

Thanks so Much,
Kevin