Re: Hub rings...

When I bought aftermarket wheels for my 91 318ic, the saleperson told me
that a centering ring had to be bought and mounted to the wheel to center
it to my specific car. He also said that these rings are usually made of
plastic or other soft material and with time, loose some precision.
So I decided to buy the wheels, and have an aluminum centering ring made at
a local machine shop. Carefull measurement needs to be done with a digital
caliper of the hub and center of the wheel + a couple of thousand of an
inch clearance for easy removal (best thing is to let the machinist take
his own measurement, so if it doesn't fit, it will be his fault).  I never
had problems with them, after 4 years.

Hope this helps.

Michel Drainville
91 318ic