e30 windshield replacement

Hello Everyone,
Does anybody out there know how big a job it is to replace a windshield on an
87 325i?  I'm looking at a couple different cars that both need the
windshield replaced, and I'm wondering what I'm up against.  Is this a job
that takes a lot of special tools and finesse to get right, or is it worth it
to do it myself?  How much do the parts and labor normally run?
Also, has anyone retrofitted the Rear view mirror with map lights from an 89
to an 87 car without maplights?  None of the ones I've looked at have them,
but my wrecked 89 does.  Just curious.
Thanks in advance,
Jake Hahn
89 325i (totaled, fighting the insurance co.)
87 Alfa Romeo Spider (limping me around in the meantime)